- 3 chillies, heavily charred then finely chopped
- 60g parsley, finely chopped
- 10g dried oregano
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 175ml oil
- 50ml red wine vinegar
- lemon juice, to taste.
- Process the garlic and parsley in a mortar to a fine paste with some salt.
- Add the chillies and oregano then process.
- Add the oil, vinegar and lemon juice.
- Finish with the finely chopped shallots but do not process.
- Leave to mature in the fridge for at least one day if possible. Will keep for a week.
- Serve with rare steaks or any chargrilled foods.